Following our premier community project in 2009, we wanted to keep the momentum going but with one significant change. So in 2010, we changed the template from a dark design to a lighter stage. While it may appear to only be a tiny change, it completely altered how almost everyone approached the project. Take a look at this amazing collection of scraps, leftovers, and alternatives that participants created that year. Most of these have never been shown outside of our private forum. Enjoy, and check back again soon for more b-sides from 2010!
(1) (By Scott Rohan, aka “DarthAcey”/“Acey”) – Early 3D and augmented reality drafts of what became step #18. (Extra b-sides here.)
(2) (By Alejandro Dorantes, aka “Adeoh”) – An unfinished concept.
(3) (By Adis Hasanic, aka “Songy”) – Early drafts, alternatives, and variations of what became step #7.
(4) (By Marc Dandoy, aka “AeroXF”/“AmbroseFx”) – A scraped concept and an earlier draft of what became step #23.
(5) (By Axel Norvell, aka “Axertion”) – An earlier draft of what became the stunning step #3.
(6) (By Alan Juares, aka “Agent-Z”) – Two unfinished concepts.
(7) (By Andrej Elbers) – The entire process from sketch to completion which became step #27.
(8) (By Benjamin Dandić, aka “BencY”) – Earlier drafts of what became the legendary step #15.
(9) (By Cosmin Negoita, aka “Jetfish”) – Unfinished concepts and earlier drafts of what became step #31.
(10) (By Chris Davidson, aka “CAMS”) – An unfinished concept that was missing an interactive quality.
I hope you enjoyed taking a quick look into the past! If you enjoyed these images and notes, there are more of these on the way. I have collected and curated hundreds of images from these projects that have mostly never been seen before. If you want to take a look back at the complete 2010 project, you can view it online here.