Following our premier community project in 2009, we wanted to keep the momentum going but with one significant change. So in 2010, we changed the template from a dark design to a lighter stage. While it may appear to only be a tiny change, it completely altered how almost everyone approached the project. Take a look at this amazing collection of scraps, leftovers, and alternatives that participants created that year. Most of these have never been shown outside of our private forum. Enjoy, and check back again soon for more b-sides from 2010!
(1) (By Matthieu Dufour, aka “MATT.”) – An unfinished concept with amazing potential.
(2) (By Jon Fitzsimmons, aka “Fitz”) – Early drafts and variations on what became step #8.
(3) (By Henri Palm, aka “Nuvarel”/“m1r1”) – Earlier drafts of what became step #21 and a scraped concept (purple).
(4) (By Peter Kardon, aka “dst5216”) – An unfinished concept.
(5) (By Kadir Inan, aka “drugi”/“diversion”/“UIX”) – An unfinished concept.
(6) (By Laurie Jones, aka “Laurie-J”) – An unfinished concept.
(7) (By Ethan Ellis, aka “Slow Duck”) – An unfinished concept.
(8) (By Ioan Decean, aka “Nelutu”/“Pixaroma”) – An earlier draft/alternative of what became step #5.
(9) (By Eduardo Santos, aka “Edumicro”/“Edu”) – Five drafts from an unfinished concept.
(10) (By Sven Bergström, aka “FuzzYspo0N”) – Early drafts, ideas, and alternatives of what became step #33.
(11) (By Dennis Schäfer, aka “Jedi88”/“2RISE”) – Two unused concepts from Dennis. He did complete step #19 instead though.
I hope you enjoyed taking a quick look into the past! If you enjoyed these images and notes, there are more of these on the way. I have collected and curated hundreds of images from these projects that have mostly never been seen before. If you want to take a look back at the complete 2010 project, you can view it online here.