Following our secondary community project in 2010, we decided to go back to a dark template design in 2012. Take a look at this amazing collection of scraps, leftovers, and alternatives that participants created that year. Most of these have never been shown outside of our private forum. Enjoy, and check back again soon for more 2012 b-sides!
(1) (By Axel Norvell, aka “Axertion”) – Drafts of an unfinished concept by Axel Norvell.
(2) (By Adrián Pueyo, aka “LostDZ”) – An unfinished concept.
(3) (By Nikola, aka “obsid1an”/“obsidian”) – Alternatives and variations of what became step #24.
(4) (By Marc Dandoy, aka “AeroXF”/“AmbroseFx”) – An unfinished concept.
(5) (By Astrit Malsija, aka “Blottah”) – An earlier version of what became step #35.
(6) (By Chris M Lawrence, aka “Gearhead”) – Earlier versions of what became step #34 and another unused concept.
(7) (By Eldin Herić) – The original sketch and a more polished version of step #2.
(8) (By Scott Kane, aka “s0nkite”) – An earlier version of the floor/stage for what became step #11.
(9) (By Policarp Quarme, aka “pquarme”) – Drafts, alternatives and variations of what became step #12.
(10) (By Jive Gerard G. Medina, aka “Jive”/“Tsukasaxen”/“Jaivu”) – Drafts and alternatives of what became step #49.
I hope you enjoyed taking a quick look into the past! If you enjoyed these images and notes, there are more of these on the way. I have collected and curated hundreds of images from these projects that have mostly never been seen before. If you want to take a look back at the complete 2012 project, you can view it online here.